Our skin’s beauty and health mostly depend on proper blood circulation. A facial massage that improves blood and lymph flow and reduces water retention can minimize the appearance of wrinkles and improve your skin tone. You can give yourself such a massage using spoons. The spoon massage is really popular in Japan, Korea, and China. Today it’s also used in different European countries: for example, German cosmetic Rene Koh recommends it to rejuvenate your skin.
There are many spoon massage techniques and Brivda.com has collected the most interesting and effective ones. After just 2 weeks of doing the massage every day, you’ll already notice changes.
What do I need?
- You’ll need small spoons. In Asia, porcelain or ceramic spoons of a certain shape are used to provide a better point pressure. But regular spoons will do too. Just make sure they don’t have any sharp edges or notches.
- Oil that you’re not allergic to (for example, coconut oil) and face cream. Apply creamy oil or cream before a massage. If your oil is too runny, you may dip the spoon into it. For your information: the method with cream is more convenient.
- Cold and warm water. You may also add any herbal concoction. Alternating cold and warm spoons provides better blood circulation and stimulates nerve endings.
A few useful tips:
- Sanitize your spoons and store them separately.
- Clean your skin before a massage.
- Apply enough oil or cream for a better gliding (don’t apply it to your eyes.)
- Don’t press too hard to avoid bruises and vessel injuries.
- The best time for a massage is in the morning.
- Watch the temperature: warm spoons should be comfortable for the skin.
10. Get rid of under-eye bags and swelling.
Getting rid of under-eye puffiness
Place the convex side of a cold spoon under your eyes and move them up and down and back and forth. If you apply cream under your eyes, your movements can be more intense. The duration is 1-2 minutes.
Getting rid of swollen eyelids
Close your eyes and place the convex side of a cold spoon on your eyes. Let the spoons get warm, dip them into cold water, and place them on your eyes again. Repeat 5-7 times.