If you are after perfect physical, mental, and spiritual harmony, you might be able to find it in Qigong, the Chinese technique that combines very particular physical and meditative exercises. Famous Taoist Master Mantak Chia believes that practicing these exercises on a regular basis may not only improve your physical and mental health but may even prolong an active lifestyle.
We at Brivda.com are always open to learning new things and we want to share some of the most popular Qigong exercises with you.
The Masters believe that breathing with a particular technique can improve your general wellbeing and prolong your life.
- Inhale slowly through your nose and hold for 1-2 seconds;
- Add another small inhale to fill the lungs to the fullest capacity;
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and exhale through your mouth. Exhale long and slow.
This breathing technique balances the entire body and slows down the aging process significantly.
2. Warming up
Warming up is very important. This is a preparation step and you should never skip it.
- Relax your body completely;
- Slightly bend your knees and try to distribute the weight evenly onto both of your legs;
- Start swinging your arms forward and backward and then from side to side.
3. Strengthening the kidneys and back
This exercise strengthens your back and also stimulates the kidney function.
- Stand straight with your feet together or just shoulder-width apart and point your toes forward.
- Slowly bend forward and down, without bending your knees;
- Look up and try to reach the floor. If you do it right, you should feel your waist muscles stretching;
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds, then slowly go back to the initial position;
- Repeat 6 times.